Monday, May 09, 2005

My Best Feature


I asked my friend this afternoon,
As I gazed into my reflection,
What she thought of what I saw.
She said, "Images are usually misconceptions."

I started to put down my appearance,
Wishing I was thinner or taller.
She looked at me with understanding eyes,
Saying, "Superficial wishes only make you smaller."

I knew she was right,
but who was she to talk,
For she was every guy's dream.
I tried to point this out to her,
She replied, "Appearances aren't always what they seem."

"Tell me five features you admire in yourself," she said,
And I knew my troubles had just begun,
For I could see the hurt in her expression,
When I couldn't even think of one.

I could not think of a single feature I liked,
And I could feel my stomach slowly start to sink.
So I turned to my friend and simply said,"Well what do you think?"
"I think you're looking at it all wrong," she said,
"And I wish I could make it clearer.It's what's inside you that makes you beautiful,
And not what can be seen in the mirror."

She said, "You're the most loving person I know,
And I hate to watch you fall apart.
If you want to know what makes you beautiful to me,
Your best feature is your heart."

i am nadi; :] at 12:59 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment


extras